Re: UEFI boot hangs after loading kernel with efi_max_resolution="4k"

From: Xin Li <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 19:38:53 -0800
With Toomas's help (thanks!), I was able to partially resolve the hang
and blank screen at boot issue, for the record, for now this can be
solved by adding:

screen.font="16x32"

in /boot/loader.conf; no more efi_max_resolution setting is needed.

Setting allscreen_flags to load font still panics the system, but at
least the screen is now in a readable state, and kernel loads fine.
I'll update this thread if I found something new.

Cheers,