Re: testers needed: loader: use display pixel density for font autoselection

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 10:32:08 -0800 (PST)

I have tested this on:
	Lenovo W530
	Dell E5470
	Acer Aspire 1410

all work fine with resonable display resolution.

One more comment below...

> >> If there is EDID, then it is all good. I have seen cases we do not get it with available API.
> >
> > Is there a way for me to know if the laoder found EDID data or not?
> > It might be that the issue is that what ever loader is using for an API is not working.
> > I based my "EDID is very common on laptop screens" on the fact that X11 almost always finds EDID.
> >

> Yes, gop get / vbe list   ? yes, it is inconsistent, should fix at some point? :)
>
> we do use gop get active edid/get discovered edid protocol and vbe function 0x4f15.

On all my handy laptops, E5470, T400, W530, Acer 1410 edid is present and seen
by the loader.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org