Re: freebsd.org ftp site throws BOGUS cert

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 10:36:54 -0800
On 3/4/21 10:20 AM, Chris wrote:
> This post probably belongs on a different list that I am not
> subscribed to. But...

The appropriate list is freebsd-hubs_at_
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-hubs

> I can't get to the freebsd ftp sites because the cert(s) appear
> to be bad:
>
> https://ftp0.tuk.freebsd.org/

they should be able to track down the owner of that site, it looks like
the TLS cert is valid for download.freebsd.org:
* Server certificate:
*  subject: CN=download.freebsd.org
*  start date: Feb 14 20:17:20 2021 GMT
*  expire date: May 15 20:17:20 2021 GMT
*  subjectAltName does not match ftp0.tuk.freebsd.org

download.freebsd.org may actually be the preferred method for accessing
resources on this system.  For example if geo-loadbalancing is used.
anywho - the people on the above mailing list would know best.

-p

--
Pete Wright
pete_at_nomadlogic.org