Re: java web start / error

From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 18:53:59 -0600
On Thursday, March 4, 2021, <sm_at_codenetworks.net> wrote:
> Hi there, can you provide more details on the error? Was it working
before? I mean seems you are tracking current.
> Best regards.
> Santi
> On 4 Mar 2021 20:54, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear fellow FreeBSD users,
>
> I need to access an online gradebook and have openjdk + icedtea-web
> packages installed.
> In both FreeBSD13-BETA4 and in FreeBSD-RELEASE-amd64-p4 , the java
> webstart kicks in, but stops with error.
>
> How can I troubleshoot this?
> so it can be fixed.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Antonio

It had worked before since a while.  But 2 updates ago I see this error
message on 12.2-RELEASE-amd64-p4 and it also happens on 13.0-BETA4 .  How
can I troubleshoot this?  javaws was used before, it opened up an *.jlnp
file.  Upon successfully loading an online gradebook is started.  I had
been using it successfully for several FreeBSD releases since 8.1/8.2.

13.0 RELEASE is still great. It is running fast, stable and snappy.  It is
awesome.  Just this and if I encounter errors I will report them.

Best Regards,

Antonio