Re: FreeBSD 13-RC1 PVSCSI install error with VMware

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke_at_blastwave.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 17:14:55 +0000
On 3/6/21 12:38 PM, Fabien via freebsd-current wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A quick feedback related to VMware install of FreeBSD 13-RC1 with PVSCSI drive.
> At the end of the install it fails with the following error:
> https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZBzIkZS2Sx31RK3k0L91Hz4I8p70F82iHV
>
> Is it planned to be fixed before release ?

I just took a look at :

    Configuring disks to use VMware Paravirtual SCSI
        (PVSCSI) controllers (1010398)

    https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010398

Where it seems you are definately using ESXi and I also have ESXi here
to test with.  However it is unclear how you configured your disk(s) and
controllers.  Can you provide some details on the config and how you
arrived at this bug?

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC