Re: CURRENT crashes at early boot on Lenovo T540p: rtsx to blame - 13.0-RELEASE crashes same way!

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 15:40:34 +0300
On 13.05.2021 15:13, Henri Hennebert via freebsd-current wrote:

>>> With a "cold" boot and without a card inserted did you see something like:
>>>
>>> rtsx0: <2.0c Realtek ...
>>> rtsx0: Card present
>>> mmc0: <MMC/SD bus> on rtsx0
>>> rtsx0: Interrupt card inserted/removed
>>> rtsx0: Card absent
>>   When it panics, it panics before rtsx0 prints something in my case.
>>
> Does iwm0 / mmc0 is shown during boot?
>
> can you try a verbose boot (boot -s)
  do you mean "boot -v"? :) It runs very fast, and there are not so much lines on the screen (is it possible to change screen reoslution before loading i915kms?)

  Ok, now I've recorded cold boot without SD, without verbose, with my phone (yes, screenshots by photocamera, I fell so low!) and I was wrong, there is rtsx0:

rtsx0: <2.0c .....>
rtsx0: Card present
mmc0: <MMC/SD bus> on rtsx0
rtsx0: Interrupt card inserted/removed
rtsx0: Card absent
PANIC! (without rtsx0 in stacktrace, again it is run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks()).

> if you can't see the verbose output which is too fast on the display:
> try a boot -p
  Oooops, keyboard is unresponsive after first pause and I can not unpause output :-(

  Looks like another bug of early boot — EFI boot can not access keywboard before it is detected as `atkbd` (keyboard in loader works!)

--
// Lev Serebryakov