Re: Alternate Screen

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 13:07:24 -0700
We went through this "alternate screen" thing about 12 or more years ago
and almost everyone hated it except those used to Linux behavior. I don't
think it ever made it into a release after all of the screams of pain. It
drives me crazy when editing on the Linux Mint VM I run from time to time.
I've never been able to figure out why anyone would find it an improvement
an I suspect it was inserted in some Unix code back in the days of the
VT100 or VT220 terminal which were super popular and supported it. I guess
it's because someone thought it was a cool thing and that terminal based
editors were the perfect use.

In any case, please make it STOP!
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com