Re: bluetooth BW-BH02U reset failure

From: miniyan <miniyan_at_kt.rim.or.jp>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:25:15 +0900
Hello Maksim,

[...]

> actually, i have added support for firmware download in ng_ubt(4)
> driver and ported Broadcom firmware download utility from Linux.
> this will be included into the next snapshot which will be realeased
> in a few days.
It's good news. I'll try it.

[...]

> > Could not execute command "initialize". Invalid argument
>
> this tells me that your userland and kernel are out of sync. you need
> to recompile all userland tools. when upgrading please follow these
> steps

I've re-compiled with following operation.  To fixed this error.

> 1) download latest snapshot
>
> 2) extract it into your home directory. please *do not* extract
>     shapshot into /usr. you *should* build snapshot *outside* of
>     main FreeBSD source tree.
>
> 3) build and install kernel modules
>
>     cd $snapshot_dir/src/sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth
>     make depend
>     make
>     make install
>     make cleandir
>
> 4) build and install userspace tools
>
>     cd $snapshot_dir/src/usr.bin/bluetooth
>     make depend
>     make
>     make install
>     make cleandir
>
>     cd $snapshot_dir/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth
>     make depend
>     make
>     make install
>     make cleandir
>
> 5) build and install ports (optional)
>
> IMPORTANT:
>
>    - build snapshot *outside* of FreeBSD main source tree. *Do not*
>      update sources in /usr/src. If you run 'cvsup' then all your
>      changes to /usr/src *will be lost*.
>
>    - always update your userspace tools
>
>    - after bulding and installing new kernel *do not* forget to
>      re-compile/re-install Bluetooth kernel modules (from snapshot).
>      you need this because kernel build will install old (stock)
>      Bluetooth modules
>
>    - after making "word" please *do not* forget to re-compile/re-install
>      both kernel modules and userland tools from snapshot.

[...]

It's good information for me.  I was cvsup'd after copy bluetooth tree
to /usr/src and build everything.  It's very hard and waist time.
This time,  I understand how bluetooth tree build to make shorty and
correctly.

> this is different. M_NOWAIT/M_DONTWAIT and M_WAITOK/N_NOWAIT flags
> have chanaged again :( this is related to the following commit:

> Revision 1.114 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Mon Mar 10
> 19:39:53 2003 UTC (3 weeks ago) by phk

[...]
I understand. I can separate this topic.

Thank you.
Takahiko
--
miniyan <miniyan_at_kt.rim.or.jp>