Re: Removing Sendmail

From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack_at_liwing.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:01:01 +0200
John Baldwin wrote:
> On 02-Apr-2003 Peter Schultz wrote:
>
>>I'm sorry for beating a dead horse.  A guy and I from tcbug were just
>>trying to fix his postfix installation, he does not know what happened,
>>it just stopped working.  There would not have been a problem if
>>sendmail wasn't tied into the system so closely.  I'm just hoping core
>>will say, "submit a working solution and it will be done," so that
>>there's a little inspiration here.
>>
>>Pete...
>

> First, core_at_ is not the appropriate body for that type of request.
> Both current_at_ and arch_at_ are much better targets.  Second, is
> NO_SENDMAIL + the postfix port inadequate?

The problem I see with that is, that even a minimalistic base install
installs things like sendmail, ppp, atm-stuff, g77 and so on.

I really think splitting the base in some sub-parts would it make much
easier to do NO_SENDMAIL on my own. So I had to remove each not required
file separately. That's no good solution.

Regards,
Jens