DVD burning under 5.0

From: Bill Moran <billm_at_craftmfg.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:24:21 -0500
I'm looking at creating a machine for backing up/archiving other
FreeBSD servers.  One of the requirements will be burning DVDs
(as some archives are 2-3g directories - difficult to break up)

So the question I'm asking is:
Is anyone actually using DVD burning under FreeBSD 5?  If so,
what make/model burner?  Also, how compatible are the resultant
DVDs? (i.e. can I toss one in a Windows XP machine DVD reader
and browse the files?)  Any problems or gotchas?

Looking for success stories and real-world information.  I know the
release notes claim compatibiltiy, but I'm curious as to folks experiences.

Also, I'm aware of the status of 5 as -CURRENT still, and I'm posting
a second email asking for opinions on stability.

Thanks in advance for any information.

-Bill