Re: linux-emu ioctl not implemented w/ quake3

From: Matthias Buelow <mkb_at_mukappabeta.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:41:14 +0200
I wrote:

>Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
>XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 640x480
>libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted

Ok, I hadn't seen so far the instructions for 5.0 on Eric
Anholts website... in fact, I needed to include a few
lines into the kernel config and rebuild; in my case:

device mgadrm
options COMPAT_LINUX
options DRM_LINUX

did the trick.  Now quake seems to work stable, although
it seems to be much slower than on Windoze, the cinematics
don't work and I get a good amount of garbage (flickering
etc.) between frames but it's playable, and above all,
doesn't crash the machine.

--mkb