Re: why not document load modules instead of recompiling kernel??

From: Friedemann Becker <friedemann.becker_at_student.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:12:42 +0200 (CEST)
hmm.....  ;-)

[bitch] /boot/kernel> file /boot/kernel/dummynet.ko
/boot/kernel/dummynet.ko: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386,
version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped

most tasks can be done with kld, no need to recompile the kernel.
it's much much easier so a source of less errors.
I think too, kld should be mentioned appropriatly in the handbook. When
reading, it seemes like rebuilding the kernel is the best (or only) way to
configure the device drivers on the system, but I think in most cases,
kldloading would be better.
what else am I supposed to do with my modules?