Re: what could have happened to mpd, ng?

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:10:23 +0200
In message <200304131827.h3DIRxa21878_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, Christoph
 Kukulies writes:
>Since I rebuilt -current (today again) my vpn
>connections don't work anymore.
>
>Shortly after reboot I can ping the opposite side of a vpn
>connection. But trying to connect via ssh already results in the
>opposite side refusing me and pinging after that I get
>no buffer space available. And from then on I can't even ping the opposite
>side.
>
>And I have this bad malloc when mpd starts up.

That could be the root cause.  You should really try to track that down.

If you can find the address from which malloc is called and use
	addr2line -e kernel.debug $address
it should give you the line number with the bug.