Adjusting pcm buffersize?

From: Wade Majors <wade_at_ezri.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 05:09:51 -0400
Hi, I am having problems with my soundcard that I think might be fixable
by increasing the buffersize, but the sysctl that reports the buffersize
is readonly.

Basically, even when there is relativly mild hard disk access (like a
large cvsup) I start to get underruns (as reported by a verbose
/dev/sndstat). CPU usage is nowhere near 100% yet the sound card is
starved. I have tried tweaking everything possible in with my
motherboard's BIOS with regards to PCI, AGP, and SDRAM read/writes to no
avail.

Any ideas?

-Wade