Re: Adjusting pcm buffersize?

From: Craig Reyenga <creyenga_at_connectmail.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:54:50 -0400
Wade,

The problems you are experiencing apply to many other users. This is
actually a known issue; many of us await a fix for it. On my computer, when
I/O goes up, the sound plays at about 0.7X the actual speed it should be,
making it sound "robotic." People with Athlon XP's are even experiencing
this, when trying to burn CDs at 4X. I'm not sure what code is at fault, but
I assume/hope that the problem will be gone by 5-STABLE, perhaps even 5.1.
For now, I'm not sure what to do about it, I'm just trying to be patient.

-Craig