Auto kernel module loading

From: Alastair G. Hogge <agh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:36:57 +0000
Hello list,

Just the other day I was configuring/striping my kernel to the barest I could
manage. I was doing this to hopefully reduce kernel build time.

Now after adding 60 lines to loader.conf to load the modules I need, I began
thinking is there a way for FreeBSD to load the modules automaticly at boot
time itself?

If not, would be hard to implement such a feature? How would someone go about
doing such a thing? As I would be happy to give it a go....but don't know
where to start.

Does the documentation project have some info to help? I'm cvsup-ing them
right now as I once recall seeing an article titled something like
"Programmers guide to FreeBSD"

-Alastair