Re: some small patches

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:49:44 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>
> > I object to the sched_clock() change.  We've discussed this on threads_at_
>
> Yes and the clock code doesn't need to know about KSEs and it is of
> ABSOLUTLY NO difference to the sched_clock() function if it derives the
> thread from the KSE or derives the KSE from the thread.

I mostly agree, but your argument would be better if statclock() didn't
need to know about the KSE to determine the niceness.  The niceness
statistic is rotting anyway.  It only covers one type of special
scheduling.  Statistics utilites generally are mostly missing support for
the following complications:
- rtprio/idprio scheduling
- POSIX scheduling
- KSE