Re: HEADS UP: new NSS

From: Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:10:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Oh, duh.  If named weren't re-compiled it would have been fine :-)
> pwd_mkdb is creating the compatibility entries correctly, but the
> _PW_KEYBY* symbols in pwd.h changed values and libirs uses those.
>
> For now I will see about giving _PW_KEYBY* their old values back,
> because I don't want to take part of bind off the vendor branch in
> CVS.

Hi Jacques,

The named problem was resolved with your latest commits. However, I found that 'passwd' was not
working and gave the following error. Is my nsswitch.conf having any problem (I only have 'passwd:
files' and 'group: files' in the nsswitch.conf)?

%passwd
passwd: can't change little green men's passwords (0x3df)

Regards,