Re: XFree86 nvidia in 5.0 (-current)

From: walt <wa1ter_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:28:30 -0700
Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> I have an ASUS 4PS8X and whether I put in a Riva TNT2 or the GeForce2MX400
> the system does a very unfriendly cold boot as soon as X is started
> and the nvidia.ko module gets loaded and initialized.

Have you tried Maxime Henrion's nvidia patches?

http://mu.org/~mux/patches/nvidia.patch

The original code from nvidia will no longer run on -CURRENT
without them.

I got tired of updating the driver so I just went back to
using the nv module from XFree which works just fine for my
non-accelerated purposes.  I did have to remove every trace
of the nvidia code with its headers and libraries and then
recompile XFree before I could get the nv module to work,
however.