Re: XFree86 nvidia in 5.0 (-current)

From: Jan Schlesner <schlesner_at_physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:15:09 +0200
On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 12:28:30PM -0700, walt wrote:
> Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> >I have an ASUS 4PS8X and whether I put in a Riva TNT2 or the GeForce2MX400
> >the system does a very unfriendly cold boot as soon as X is started
> >and the nvidia.ko module gets loaded and initialized.
>
> Have you tried Maxime Henrion's nvidia patches?
>
> http://mu.org/~mux/patches/nvidia.patch
>
> The original code from nvidia will no longer run on -CURRENT
> without them.

I have tried to install the nvidia dirver by using the x11/nvidia-driver
port. I have the same problem. Are the patches in the port the patches
from Maxime Henrion? I think so. I have noticed that sometimes the
nvidia driver works, but at the moment I have not enough time to find
out, on which conditions it works and on which it doesn't work.

Jan
--
[ gpg key: http://wwwds.physik.tu-berlin.de/~jan/jschlesn.gpg ]
[ key fingerprint: 4236 3497 C4CF 4F3A 274F  B6E2 C4F6 B639 1DF4 CF0A ]