Re: test-strerror regression test

From: Mike Barcroft <mike_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:02:54 -0400
David Leimbach <leimy2k_at_mac.com> writes:
> I guess my point was I didn't know how to make these "conform" when I
> looked
> at the POSIX standard for SUS.  All it said about strerror is that any
> int should
> work and return a string per the locale that is currently set.

I agree with Tim; the main purpose is to prevent regressions in our
implementation, not to evaluate conformance to any given standard.  In
fact, I created the test to ensure I didn't break strerror() or
strerror_r() while fixing a conformance bug in strerror_r().

> > cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro  test-wmemset.c  -o test-wmemset
> > for p in test-strerror   test-wcschr     test-wcscmp     test-wcslen
> > test-wmemchr    test-wmemset; do
> > /home/tim/p4/wchar/src/tools/regression/lib/libc/string/$p; done
> > PASS strerror()
>
> Failed for me due to failing assertions.

What's the output of:

ident /usr/lib/libc.so.* | grep strerror.c

Best regards,
Mike Barcroft