Re: Is there a header conflict?

From: Nate Williams <nate_at_yogotech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:09:32 -0600
> > No, it's promptly ignored because it's just useless words that require
> > an implementation before it can be of any use to anyone.
> >
> > I've been offering for several years now to mentor you through the
> > process of developing a prototype that is useful to FreeBSD and to
> > work with you on getting it accepted into FreeBSD, but as usual you're
> > more interested in talking about how cool it would be to have, than in
> > following through with code.
>
> The code is trivial.
>
> > The offer remains open...
>
> I have an implementation.  Offer to let me sell it using the name
> "FreeBSD" without it going back to the FreeBSD source code for a
> year, and then maybe we can make a deal.

Hmm, this seems *VERY* obnoxious on your part.

How many $$ have you made over the years using donated FreeBSD code?
Compare that to the amount of code you have contributed, and one could
argue that what you have gained from FreeBSD *FAR* outweighs your
individual contributions.

Now, you've got an existing piece of work that you're un-willing to
donate unless you can make a $$ out of it (which is within your rights),
but then you have the *GALL* to complain about no-one else doing it.

That's cheap Terry, CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!!!!

I'm going to remember this in future dealings with you....

Nate