New ACPI diffs ready for testing

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
I have prepared two versions of ACPI for testing, one from the 0228 dist
and one from 0328.  Both patches are against the current version in the
tree so you should be able to just "cd /usr/src; zcat *diff.gz | patch".
I have tested both pretty thoroughly on my laptop but need more testing
from others to decide which to import.  Neither crash, but the 0328 dist
adds a lot more console messages complaining about my battery (see
separate message for more info on this.)

    http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/acpi-0228.diff.gz
    http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/acpi-0328.diff.gz

Please test these dists so we can import one for 5.1R.  When reporting
problems, please include dmesg output including the version report I
temporarily added.  Some important info to send me:

* Please send me the output of the following command, especially if your
motherboard has an interesting PCI bus configuration:
  pciconf -l; echo; dmesg | egrep AcpiOsDerive\|ACPI\ version

* ia64 testing

* Look for any regression (things that used to work no longer working)

Thanks,
-Nate