Re: [acpi-jp 2125] New ACPI diffs ready for testing

From: Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:37:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org> wrote:
> I have prepared two versions of ACPI for testing, one from the 0228 dist
> and one from 0328.  Both patches are against the current version in the
> tree so you should be able to just "cd /usr/src; zcat *diff.gz | patch".
> I have tested both pretty thoroughly on my laptop but need more testing
> from others to decide which to import.  Neither crash, but the 0328 dist
> adds a lot more console messages complaining about my battery (see
> separate message for more info on this.)
>
>     http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/acpi-0228.diff.gz
>     http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/acpi-0328.diff.gz

Nate,

The new patch, 0328, works fine for both my ASUS TUSI-M (SiS 630ET) and EPOX 3PTA (i815EP) except
that an old problem on the 3PTA still exists.  Here's the question I posted before, i.e. testing
of ACPI_STA_PRESENT and ACPI_STA_FUNCTIONAL doesn't work for my 3PTA and causes trouble with the
PS/2 mouse & printer.

> I just replaced my -current with an I815EP mother board and found that the mouse and printer not
> working.  When I was moving the mouse, the cursor on the console just disappeared and reappeared
> after I stop moving the mouse.  For the printer port, when I sent some data, the printer's data
> LED was flashing, indicating data was received, but it never printed anything.
>
> I stopped loading ACPI at boot and everything become normal.  I did have some good
> experience with
> this motherboard and ACPI several months ago so I searched back and found that the following
> commit caused the problem
>
> > Revision 1.3 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Thu Oct 31 20:43:02 2002 UTC (4
months, 2 weeks ago) by iwasaki