Re: make release and error while making iso

From: Axel S. Gruner <axel.gruner_at_suedfactoring.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:39:11 +0200
Hi.

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:26:45 -0700
"Bruce A. Mah" <bmah_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> What about:
>
> # chroot /data/RELEASE csh
> # cd /usr/src/release
> # make iso.1

Now it works for me. Not the way it is described in man release, but i works:

#/data/lbsd_de/lbsd_de/src/release/: ln -s /data/RELEASE/R /R
#/data/lbsd_de/lbsd_de/src/release/: make iso.1 -DMAKE_ISOS

> Normally what I do when building a release is to put all of the
> arguments to "make release" into a text file that I can copy-and-paste,
> so I know I'm not forgetting anything.

I have also a text file with all the stuff i need for an perfect "make release". But i am at the beginning of this adventure ;). But well, it is very simple to understand, and, if you know how, very simple to use.
But i also have always a text file, also that i know i am not forgetting anything (maybe a little paranoid...maybe...).

Axel