Re: USB issues with Aladdin M5237

From: Cliff L. Biffle <cbiffle_at_safety.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:45:51 -0700
On Monday 28 April 2003 04:46 am, Bernd Walter wrote:
> > usbd_new_device: addr=2, getting first desc failed
> > uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=TIMEOUT
> > uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
>
> Please test with other USB devices.
> It doesn't have to be a controller issue.

Oh, I have.  Devices currently known to produce the same results:
--Both USB mice.
--USB webcam (theoretically should appear as ugen0, there's a program in ports
to deal with it thusly)
--two USB hubs
--USB WLAN (I know it's not supported, but shouldn't it at least show up as
ugen?)
--iPaq (also not supported, also used to show as ugen).

All of these devices work in Knoppix on the same hardware.

Thoughts?

-Cliff L. Biffle