Re: Somethings still up with new NSS?

From: Vallo Kallaste <kalts_at_estpak.ee>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:09:01 +0300
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:48:46AM -0500, "Jacques A. Vidrine"
<nectar_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > > So until I add logic to pwd_mkdb(8) to recognize and deal
> > > appropriately with this situation, it is best to run pwd_mkdb once
> > > manually after the NSS commit.
> >
> > Wouldn't an easy solution be to put a comment into master.passwd
> > itself?  It can serve as a warning, and it will change the CVS tag
> > (thus, mergemaster will offer to rebuild the database after a proper
> > merge).
>
> I don't think this would give very good coverage ... usually one does
> not merge master.passwd.  Clever thought, nonetheless.
>
> Anyway, I've already committed a workaround to pwd_mkdb.

I'm beating the dead horse now, but what has happened to idea of
tracking such events in the UPDATING file? I did remember the NSS
update when I updated my system and specifically looked into
UPDATING to get some clues beforehand, but found nothing. This has
two sides, of course, it had probably saved my ass but the bug
remained.
--
Vallo Kallaste