Re: Somethings still up with new NSS?

From: Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:48:46 -0500
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:45:33AM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar_at_freebsd.org> writes:
>
> > So until I add logic to pwd_mkdb(8) to recognize and deal
> > appropriately with this situation, it is best to run pwd_mkdb once
> > manually after the NSS commit.
>
> Wouldn't an easy solution be to put a comment into master.passwd
> itself?  It can serve as a warning, and it will change the CVS tag
> (thus, mergemaster will offer to rebuild the database after a proper
> merge).

I don't think this would give very good coverage ... usually one does
not merge master.passwd.  Clever thought, nonetheless.

Anyway, I've already committed a workaround to pwd_mkdb.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar_at_celabo.org . jvidrine_at_verio.net . nectar_at_freebsd.org . nectar_at_kth.se