Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED

From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:08:37 -0700
CARTER Anthony wrote:
> I am downloading latest ISOs and will re-install but without removing my
> current installation (just overwrite).
>
> Anyone got any "gotchas" that I should know about or watch out for?

1)	Use the "upgrade" option, don't "reinstall"; you won't have
	to edit disklabels or anything.

2)	If you have run pwd_mkdb since the on disk version changed,
	you will lose access to your current password file until
	you rebuild and reinstall the new code.  To get in, you
	will need to boot from the CD, go into the "emergency"
	shell, and then mount and chroot to the disk FS, so you
	can do your build as "root".

> I think its the easiest way...
>
> Well, you learn the hard way :D

-- Terry