Re: panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: fffffe0007e8e000

From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin_at_cs.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:59:06 -0400 (EDT)
Kris Kennaway writes:
 > On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 09:00:44AM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
 >
 > > The crashdump might actually be useful here.  You'd have only the
 > > trap() and vm_fault() frames, but at least you'd have information
 > > about the state of the vm system.
 >
 > Two crashdumps coming up!  I'll move them onto beast:/j/kris/crash
 > together with the kernel.debug.

I may have wasted your time.  The first one is unusable (lots of ddb
cruft).  Damned gdb -k.  Grrr.

I don't have read perms on vmcore.{1,2}, so I don't know if they are
helpful.

If you're willing to get your traces via ddb's debug.trace_on_panic
and to set debug.debugger_on_panic=0, then we might get at least a
partial trace.  FWIW, I have to do this to get any sort of crashdump
at all on SMP x86.  I'm amazed you were able to call doadump from ddb.
When I try that on x86,   I just get a continuous stream of panics or
fatal traps.

Drew