NVidia glx stuff dies in sysarch(I386_SET_LDT, ...)

From: Thorsten Greiner <thorsten.greiner_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:53:08 +0200
Hi,

after upgrading the Kernel I found that the glx-related programs of
the NVidia graphics driver die in calls to sysarch. Here is a truss
fragment of a 'glxinfo' run:

sysarch(0x1,0xbfbffb14)				 ERR#22 'Invalid argument'
SIGNAL 10
SIGNAL 10
Process stopped because of:  16
process exit, rval = 138

In the sysarch call the first argument indicats - according to
machine/sysarch.h - a call of I386_SET_LDT. For 4.X it was necessary
to enable USER_LDT in the kernel config. This option is no longer
present in the kernel config (the NVidia driver worked without
before my cvs update...).

Best regards

        -Thorsten

--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
and wrong.