Re: NVidia glx stuff dies in sysarch(I386_SET_LDT, ...)

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Thorsten Greiner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after upgrading the Kernel I found that the glx-related programs of
> the NVidia graphics driver die in calls to sysarch. Here is a truss
> fragment of a 'glxinfo' run:
>
> sysarch(0x1,0xbfbffb14)				 ERR#22 'Invalid argument'
> SIGNAL 10
> SIGNAL 10
> Process stopped because of:  16
> process exit, rval = 138
>
> In the sysarch call the first argument indicats - according to
> machine/sysarch.h - a call of I386_SET_LDT. For 4.X it was necessary
> to enable USER_LDT in the kernel config. This option is no longer
> present in the kernel config (the NVidia driver worked without
> before my cvs update...).

Hmmm, well I know we changed the semantics of the
I386_SET_LDT call a bit but as far as I could see it was a backwards
compatible change..

can you compile your sys_machdep.c with the option -DDEBUG?

I noticed there is a debug printf that is enabled byu this and may show
what request the NVIDIA people are making.