problem with nvidia graphics card and -current

From: Glenn Johnson <glennpj_at_charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 23:48:56 -0500
I was setting up a system today with an nvidia Geforce4-MX 440
graphics card.  I am not at the system at the moment but the -current
sources were from about 2:00 PM CDT.  I installed the nvidia-driver
port (1.0.4365) trying various combinations of WITH_FREEBSD_AGP,
FORCE_AGP_RATE, and WITH_NVIDIA_HACKS.  I get the same result.  The
first time an X server is started, everything works fine, including glx
then at some point later starting the X server again, the system will
freeze.  No messages, no panic, nothing.  The only thing to do is hit
the reset button.

Any ideas?  I saw some discussion about kernel changes made for wine and
nvidia but I am not sure if that is relevant in my case.

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj_at_charter.net