Re: problem with nvidia graphics card and -current

From: Glenn Johnson <glennpj_at_charter.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:07:17 -0500
On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 11:48:56PM -0500, wrote:

> I was setting up a system today with an nvidia Geforce4-MX 440
> graphics card.  I am not at the system at the moment but the -current
> sources were from about 2:00 PM CDT.  I installed the nvidia-driver
> port (1.0.4365) trying various combinations of WITH_FREEBSD_AGP,
> FORCE_AGP_RATE, and WITH_NVIDIA_HACKS.  I get the same result.  The
> first time an X server is started, everything works fine, including
> glx loading.  After exiting the X session and shutting down the
> server and then at some point later starting the X server again, the
> system will freeze.  No messages, no panic, nothing.  The only thing
> to do is hit the reset button.

I played with this a bit more tonight.  I rebuilt the kernel (fresh
cvsup) and the nvidia-driver bits.  I even tried loading without glx.
I still have the same problem.  At this point I do not know if this is
a problem with the nvidia-driver port, a problem with -current, or
something I am doing wrong.  Does anybody have a functioning nvidia card
with FreeBSD -current at this time?

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj_at_charter.net