Re: NANO core dump on Current

From: Christian Weisgerber <naddy_at_mips.inka.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:35:10 +0000 (UTC)
Tim Aslat <tim_at_spyderweb.com.au> wrote:

> I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, but here goes.
> I use Nano (/usr/ports/editors/nano) as my primary text editor, however
> Iv'e noticed that any time I use -CURRENT (on my notebook) it core dumps
> when saving a file.

This is due to a bug in nano and -CURRENT running by default with
malloc option R, which triggers the bug.

When I looked, I didn't understand the code well enough to provide
a fix, and I have been unable to reach the upstream maintainer by
e-mail.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy_at_mips.inka.de