Re: INET6 in world

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:42:48 -0400
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:27:57AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > That's chicken/egg - IPv6 never will be widely used if everyone thinks
> > that way.
>
> The problem, as I see it, is that it doesn't come enabled by
> default on Windows systems.  Until it does, it's never going
> to get any traction.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if the government has asked Microsoft
> to not deploy it, or to deploy it without encryption support,
> given world events.

The government is pushing IPv6, but from a different direction:

http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2003/0609/web-dodip-06-13-03.asp
http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2003/tr20030613-0274.html

In the U.S., this will probably push many vendors to
become "IPv6-compatible".

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org