Re: clock works slowly when I change CPU speed

From: MATOBA Hirozumi <matoba_at_st.rim.or.jp>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 04:41:55 +0900 (JST)
 From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
 Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:20:12 -0700 (PDT)
| Between Aug 2 and 9, there were no significant changes to ACPI.  I
| imported the userland tools, added tunable access to an existing variable,
| and increased the default sleep delay from 0 to 5.  The last one is the
| only functional change and can be undone by doing:
|   sysctl hw.acpi.sleep_delay=0
| Please try with an Aug. 2 kernel but load the latest acpi.ko to be sure
| this is not an acpi problem.

I tryed sets of kernel and acpi.ko.

    kenel      acpi.ko     clock works on CPU speed as 4

    Aug 2      Aug 2       normally
    Aug 9      Aug 9       slowly
    Aug 13     Aug 13      slowly
    Aug 2      Aug 9       normally
    Aug 9      Aug 2       slowly
    Aug 2      Aug 13      normally
    Aug 13     Aug 2       slowly

And, with Aug 13 kernel & Aug 13 acpi.ko, I do by hand:

    sysctl hw.acpi.sleep_delay=0

but the clock also works slowly.
    (I wrote "hw.acpi.sleep_delay=5" in /etc/sysctl.conf since before Jul 13)

I use almost the same as GENERIC kernel,
except for commenting out Ethernet drivers.
    (I comment out all the lines from "device de" to "device wi",
     and two lines "device aue","device axe")

The /boot/loader.conf.local contents are
    hint.acpi.0.disabled="0"
    hint.apm.0.disabled="1"
    hw.acpi.verbose="1"
    hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"