Re: an driver / Cisco Aironet 340 stopped working

From: Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko_at_ambrisko.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:05:42 -0700 (PDT)
Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland writes:
| Peter Radcliffe writes:
|  > Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland <Tomi.Vainio_at_Sun.COM> probably said:
|  > > Peter Radcliffe writes:
|  > >  > Cisco have changed the operation of the card with newer firmware and
|  > >  > havn't released docs on working with the newer firmware.
|  >
|  > > I've tried multiple old firmwares and this loader.conf tweak but no
|  > > luck yet.  Can you say what was the last working firmware?
|  >
|  > I don't have any 340 cards, just 350 cards, so no.
|  >
| Firmware files are the same for both cards or that's my thought from
| this filename.
|
| 350-340-PCMCIA-LMC-PCI-v52017.exe

I think he is confusing pccard versus mini-pci cards.  All pccard cards
(4800/340/350) use the same firmware.  I have a mix of them.  The
mini-pci which is currently only a 350 uses totally different firmware.
It's the newer 350 firmware that I'm having trouble figuring out how
to make it work properly.  The older mini-pci firmware works okay.

Doug A.