sound card woes

From: Matt Gostick <matt_at_virtualservice.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2003 15:20:55 -0400
I have a SND Blaster 16 in my computer.  I was using FreeBSD 4.8 and
'device pcm' in my kernel config file, worked great.  I've completely
re-installed with 5.1R and recompiled my kernel with 'device pcm'.
Unfortunately sound doesn't work.

I no longer have a /dev/snd0 device - I think I had one before...  how
do I make devices in 5.1R???   MAKEDEV is no longer available... and
section 9.5 of the FreeBSD manual says: "If you are running FreeBSD 5.0
or later you can safely skip this section. These versions use devfs(5)
to allocate device nodes transparently for the user"

I've written the -questions list and they told me to try wrinting here.
What do I do?

Thanks,
Matt