Re: KDE Konsole, crashes, on a SIGABRT...

From: Michael Nottebrock <lofi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:27:35 +0200
On Saturday 23 August 2003 16:52, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> Incidentally, Adriaan de Groot just dug up a set of patches for konsole &
> konsole_grantpty, I quickly adapted those for the kdebase port. They apply,
> but I'm still compiling kdebase with those myself

Just finished. They work fine on my 4.8-STABLE machine here. When I make
konsole_grantpty suid root as advised, the chownpty succeeds:

[lofi_at_kiste]:0:~ > konsole
konsole: cannot chown /dev/ttyp2.
Reason: Operation not permitted

[lofi_at_kiste]:0:~ > ls -l /dev/ttyp2
crw-------  1 lofi  tty    5,   2 23 Aug 18:23 /dev/ttyp2

I'm going to test them on a 5.1-RELEASE box next. Please test on -CURRENT as
well.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org