System freezes with radeon 9100 graphics card

From: Glenn Johnson <glennpj_at_charter.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:11:15 -0500
I have had an ongoing problem with -current freezing during a restart of
the X serer.  The graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9100.  I am pretty sure
this is related to DRI as I have not had it happen with DRI disabled.

I am not sure if the problem is with the radeon kernel module, with
XFree86-Server, or something else.  The freezes totally lock up the
machine, no ssh access is possible, no crash dumps are produced, I have
to hit the reset button and run fsck in single user mode.

Is anyone else seeing this with a radeon card?  Any options I can set
to alleviate the problem?  I going to turn on DRM_DEBUG and see what
that yields.

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson