Re: IDE DVD playback on 5.1-CURRENT

From: <supraexpress_at_globaleyes.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:32:26 -0500 (CDT)
You might also want/need to change/define a "local" mplayer configuration
ala:

/home/.../.mplayer/gui.conf

where you can change the "runtime" configuration paramaters such as:

ao_driver = "oss:/dev/dsp1"
ao_volnorm = "no"
ao_surround = "no"
ao_extra_stereo = "no"
ao_extra_stereo_coefficient = "1.000000"
ao_oss_mixer = "/dev/mixer"
ao_oss_device = "/dev/dsp1"
dvd_device = "/dev/acd0c"
cdrom_device = "/dev/cdrom"

using/choosing a different "dvd_device" and/or "ao_oss_device"/"ao_driver". I
have had to change these variables going from 4.8 to 5.1 as different IDE
hardware was or was not recognized.