aac related panics

From: Chip Norkus <wd_at_arpa.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:54:10 -0500
Hi all,

I've got a Dell Poweredge 2650 which I recently installed 5.1-R on.  That
worked fine, and so I did a cvsup to get to 5.1-C as of about noon today.
When I rebooted with the new kernel my system paniced before even
finishing the kernel boot with the following:

command 0xca6df000 not in queue, flags = 0x20, bit = 0x80
panic: command not in queue
cpuid = 0; 1apic.id = 00000000

then it tried to shutdown the aac0 controller which failed.  I've attached
my kernel config below.  I've also tried it with a non-SMP kernel and had
the same results.  I haven't tried using DISABLE_PSE or DISBALE_PG_G, but
I will do so in a bit and report back if my condition improves.

My company is working on a new hosting infrastructure, and I'd like to use
FreeBSD if possible, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated as
we plan to use these machines for some time.

-wd
--
chip norkus; renaissance hacker;                wd_at_arpa.com
"question = (to) ? be : !be;" --Shakespeare     http://telekinesis.org/