Re: aac related panics

From: Chip Norkus <wd_at_arpa.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:04:39 -0500
On Saturday 30 August 2003 04:06 pm, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:54:10PM -0500, Chip Norkus wrote:
> >My company is working on a new hosting infrastructure, and I'd like to
> > use FreeBSD if possible, so any help at all would be greatly
> > appreciated as we plan to use these machines for some time.
>
> Note that 5.x is not yet production quality.  It is still primarily
> intended for early adopters to help shake out any bugs.  Unless you
> specifically need 5.x features, you might find it less painful to
> start with 4.x as your main platform and just experiment with 5.x on
> some non-critical boxes.

That's what I'm doing.  We wouldn't be rolling out a new platform for
several months yet.  I decided to go with 5.x because of the better SMP
support, and because of some of the newer security features (like
filesystem ACLs) among other reasons.  I'm also using it at home with
excellent results, and I'm sure that it will be productionable sooner
rather than later considering the excellent work being done all around.

> Peter

-wd
--
chip norkus; renaissance hacker;                wd_at_arpa.com
"question = (to) ? be : !be;" --Shakespeare     http://telekinesis.org/