Re: ATA-ng

From: Andrew Lankford <arlankfo_at_141.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:16:19 -0600
>Anyhow please upgrade to the latest that should fix the problems >with the probe missing some devices.
>
>-Søren

To that I can only say

#uname -a
FreeBSD bogushost2 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #22:
Sun Aug 31 01:55:17 EDT 2003    root_at_bogushost2:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARL5KERNEL  i386

#atacontrol list

ATA channel 0:
    Master:  ad0 <IBM-DTLA-307030/TX4OA5AA> ATA/ATAPI rev 5
    Slave:       no device present
ATA channel 1:
    Master:      <ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ/ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ> ATA/ATAPI rev 15
    Slave:       no device present

Again, ATA channel 1 should have a Plextor CDRW as master and
a Hitachi DVDROM as the slave device.  I tried fiddling with
my BIOS settings to see if that would change anything (I usually
specify "AUTO for both", probably what the BIOS would revert it
to anyway).  At one point, the Plextor device did probe
correctly, but not the DVDROM.  Your early revisions of
 ata-lowlevel.c allowed the DVDROM to probe correctly and mount
file systems.  But nowadays only my harddrive probes, works.

I'll reboot and leave my latest verbose dmesg in another email.

Andrew Lankford