Re: need some debugging help

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick_at_garage.freebsd.pl>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 02:23:18 +0200
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:13:45AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> I was getting same panics while I was working on GEOM Gate.
+> After many hours of debugging I've tracked this down - I've initialized
+> a mutex, but I haven't destroy it.
+>
+> As I susspect you're loading cd(4) as kld module?

No, you don't need to load it as kld module, because you initiate
this mutex on every function call (and mutex is locally allocated to),
so try to put mtx_destroy() on the end of this function, this should help.
(I hope there is no problem with calling msleep(9) with mutex from stack)

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel_at_dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl