Re: need some debugging help

From: Kenneth D. Merry <ken_at_kdm.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 00:59:58 -0600
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:23:18 +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:13:45AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> +> I was getting same panics while I was working on GEOM Gate.
> +> After many hours of debugging I've tracked this down - I've initialized
> +> a mutex, but I haven't destroy it.
> +>
> +> As I susspect you're loading cd(4) as kld module?
>
> No, you don't need to load it as kld module, because you initiate
> this mutex on every function call (and mutex is locally allocated to),
> so try to put mtx_destroy() on the end of this function, this should help.
> (I hope there is no problem with calling msleep(9) with mutex from stack)

Well, keep in mind that this function, taskqueue_kthread(), is only called
once, when the kthread is forked off.  It then runs in an infinite loop
forever.

So far it doesn't seem like there's any problem with calling msleep() with
a mutex allocated on the stack.

The problem I was having turned out to be that I forgot to deference
periph->softc in dasysctlinit().

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry