Re: /lib symlinks problem?

From: Christoph P. Kukulies <kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:58:19 +0200
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 09:44:24AM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> I think that Gordon took a safe path with creating compatibility symlinks.
> Besides, creating compatibility symlinks has a nicety of removing your
> stale symlinks in /usr/lib.

I always asked myself whether there is a tool or some kind of
database at which one can throw an existing installation and it
knows about which files have to be there and where and which ain't
to be there (like such symlink relicts), maybe a hook in install,cp,ln
and what else is being used in the world install process.
That way it could tell me what files are candidates for deleting.