Re: ACPI results Inspiron 8000

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:17:22 +1030
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 08:46, Ryan wrote:
> Are you able to suspend to disk? So far I haven't been able to suspend to
> disk on my Inspiron 8200. I'm using the "fixed" DSDT table from the URL
> you posted as well.

I used to suspend to disk in 4.x after creating the S2D partition with the
floppy image from Dell, however I don't any more..

Basically it takes so long to suspend and resume with a decent amount of
memory (256Mb+) that it's not worth it - most of my applications are smart
enough to save state when they quit :)

I suspect the story would be different if FreeBSD did the hard work (ie it
could use DMA, compression, throw away cache pages etc etc) but just thinking
about how to resume makes my head hurt.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5