Re: installworld to DESTDIR: touch: not found

From: Peter Edwards <peter.edwards_at_openet-telecom.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:13:06 +0000
Robert Watson wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Kent Stewart wrote:
>

>>This kind of error frequently happens when your clock is off. Make
>>thinks the date of the cvsuped source is newer than the file it created
>>and tries to create it again.
>>
>>Do you run cmos at UTC or local. If local, did you adjkerntz -i.
>>

>A few people have suggested this.  System clock runs UTC, and it uses ntp;
>as far as I can tell, there were no interesting time shifts during the
>build.  All file systems are local not NFS, so that rules out
>client/server timestamp problems.  I'm blowing away my object tree and
>will try to buildworld again and see what happens.

I recently had an issue with installworld and DESTDIR with a 5.1-RELEASE
source tree. I concluded after some brief reads of the make magic that I
needed to set "MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX" before it'd work, even if it was just
set to "/usr/obj". Sorry for the sketchiness, and I don't actually have
a world built into /usr/obj to try this out without burning CPU cycles
for an hour or so.